Friday, March 28, 2014

Wake up!

Wow, it's been awhile. I made myself a commitment and then I let it kinda fall on the back burner because of life's many happenings. I have been creating but nothing really substantial or that I have deemed blog worthy. Since cut backs at work I have had to supplement in creative ways. I am teaching guitar, piano, and voice lessons on the side. So if you're in the Lubbock area and want to learn any of those instruments let me know! I have also been teaching my oldest daughter, Juliana (6) how to play the ukulele and she can already play (and sing) "You are my Sunshine" So it hasn't been all consuming, but I have kinda slacked a little bit. Our computer went on the fritz and I couldn't record any music... it was devastating! That really just put me in a funk. I let myself become uninspired to create. As creators we have to realize that others rely on us for our creations. Whether they be fans, friends, significant others, family, band members, or co-workers. We have to create in our daily lives. So it's time for me to wake up and find inspiration in daily life to spur on my creation. It doesn't take a lot of time to make something noteworthy. Just start something small then grow it a little everyday. Whether it be a song, a painting, an idea, poem, woodcrafting, a business, anything we can create.

I started a song a while back called "Wake Up O Sleeper." I finished it today and started recording it and will post it next week so be sure and keep a look out! So I'm taking my own advice, and that of Ephesians 5:14 "Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." I'm waking up and making a conscious decision to create daily. In spite of life, in spite of circumstances, in spite of messed up computers. I will carry on. Join with me in waking up and realizing we are in control of our own future and what we make with what we are given!

Don't forget to use the hashtag #CLCM (consume less, create more) when you share something on Facebook or Twitter so I can see it and add it to the blog. Go forth and create!

No comments:

Post a Comment